|I've made Marie's Card extra large so that you can see the glittered areas. Details for her card are here.|
TIP: U.S. Postal rates just went up to 49¢ for a one ounce letter. The max envelope size for letters is 6 1/8" (15.5 cm) high by 11 1/2" long/wide (29.2cm). The max thickness is 1/4" (.63cm). If you have a lot of brads and eyelets in your stash, or ribbons you'd like to tie in bows, you can still use them, staying in the max thickness. Some card makers turn their cards inside out to mail, but the cards usually arrive mutilated. I have found that using a single piece of cut 110lb cardstock placed on the top of my card (cut to the size of the envelope) will let my cards arrive in good shape, protecting them from the rollers used in post office machinery. Wal-Mart sells a cheap brand (I think it is Georgia Pacific 100 page pack) for about $5, and SamsClub sells it for about $7 for 250 page pack with free shipping. Cut it to size and use it, to stay in the 1/4" max thickness and be able to use up your brands and ribbons, protecting your card.
|Happy Spring #492|
Today's Words Are:
69 Faux Patina
84 Ice Cream
|Click on Marie's photo to enlarge and see details. Directions are here.|
Both cards today feature glittered, horizontal "panels" with white glitter. Both panels used the Masking Technique. Not your usual mask. These masks were made from the protective layer from sticker paper and Tear-ific Tape. This allows you to use your edge/border punches (or die cuts) to create beautiful, glittery panels. It is not a messy technique as long as coffee filters are used.
Depending how thorough you answer, there are a total of 10 opportunities to have your name submitted to Random.org on Saturday. Be sure to send an email to SNS_Bingo@tampabay.rr.com with your name in the Subject Sentence followed by the date of the challenge questions.
1. (1 entry) Color on Velvet Glitter Tutorial - Scroll down a little to see the stamping on velvet glitters, and coloring on velvet glitters. Can one color of glitter be used on a card, yet have it look like several colors of glitters were used?
2. (1 entry) SNS Tips and Technique PAGE - How many tutorials appear on the SNS Tips and Techniques page for Velvet Glitter?
3. (1 entry) Do you ever use the SNS Tips and Techniques page (other than for bingo LOL)?
4. (2 entries) Have you used the glitter masking technique? (if you cannot view videos, please click here) It can be used with Sticker Paper, Tear-ific Tapes, or Super Adhesive Sheets.
- If Yes, did you enjoy the result?
- If No, will you please share why?
5. (1 entry) Does coloring on glitter seems strange to you?
6. (up to 4 entries) What are some of the products we can color glitter with?
glittery spring flower hugs,