If you were unable to create a bingo “card” prior to the deadline, you may still play and become eligible for one of the weekly prizes. Click here for how to play without a card (see No Bingo Card? And Weekly)
Today's words are:
126 Enjoyable (BONUS WORD)
36 Opaque (BONUS WORD)
99 Good Witch (BONUS WORD)
85 Turquoise (yes, turquoise was accidentally put in twice, so please use the #85)
154 Freedom (BONUS WORD)
161 Dreamweaver (BONUS WORD)
BONUS WORD TIME! If you have all 5 bonus words in your list today, receive an extra THIRTY entries for the drawing this Saturday! Be sure to send an email to SNS_Bingo@tampabay.rr.com with your name in the Subject Sentence followed by the date of the challenge questions.
Some of her products now include:
Pocket Full of Papers
Lace and Ribbons from France
Templates and Stencils
Designer April Williams documented a tutorial for using stencils and templates with embossing powders. She has used a number of products, but we will look at an easy way:
One easy way to use stencils (or templates):
- Tape a stencil to cardstock
- Smoosh pigment ink or VersaMark over the stencil openings,
- Carefully remove the stencil,
- Apply embossing powders and heat set.
NOTE: Gesso and Stencil Paste may also be used. Apply the EP while the Gesso or Paste is still wet, but do NOT heat set until the Gesso and Paste have dried. It affects the chemistry of the medium, and can cause bubbling.
There are a total of 15 opportunities to have your name submitted to Random.org on Saturday. Be sure to send an email to SNS_Bingo@tampabay.rr.com with your name in the Subject Sentence followed by the date of the challenge questions.
1) (up to 3 entries) It has been suggested that some of our "mini classes" from bingo challenges should be reposted after the game is over so crafters can still refer to them. Would it be helpful to actually post "mini-classes" from this bingo game in the SNS website's Tips and Techniques page under each of the relevant sections instead of here on the Games Blog? We could even include the questions and answers at the end. Or do you think it is better to leave the T&T page simply as tutorials? Or do you have another idea? Thanks for your feedback.
2) (up to 3 entries) If money was not an issue, how would you most enjoy using stencils in your paper crafting projects?
3) (1 entry) Have you ever tried the technique of applying embossing powders with a stencil instead of a stamp?
4) (1 entry) How many stencils/templates are available in the Stencil category of the website?
5) (1 entry) Can more than one embossing powder color be used with a stencil in creating a background?
6) (1 entry) Does it matter if the embossing powder contains glitter with the stencil technique?
7) (1 entry) Once the embossing powder is heat set, can you apply more Versamark and more embossing powder?
8) (1 entry) Do you already own some stencils so you can try this technique?
9) (up to 3 entries) Opaque is one of our bingo words today. Explain in your own words what opaque means.
Good Luck, everyone!